After I receive my bill, do I pay CareFirst or the doctor?
- Please go to www.hcbo.com and print out the claim related to the bill you received to see if CareFirst processed the claim. I f the claim cannot be found, then do not pay the bill. Please call FAES to assist with this issue.
- Co-pays are normally taken at the doctor’s office.
- If no funds are taken at the time of your visit, then the bill will be submitted directly to CareFirst and the claim is processed and the doctor’s office will send you a bill for the remainder amount.
- If the bill is more than your contractual amount, it would be best to contact FAES before paying this bill. Remember that doctor’s offices do make mistakes when billing your insurance company and CareFirst also can make an error when processing your claims.
- If CareFirst send you a (EOB)Explanation of Benefits with a check attached, then the claim was paid out of network and should be reviewed by FAES for any errors. Please do not cash the check until you are advised by FAES.